Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Artisan: the Little Magpie

Meet Maggie of the Little Magpie, our Saturday Artisan. You can tell her love of flowers (I do too!). Let's learn more about her, shall we? 



Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?
My name is Maggie, I am 22 and recently got married. I make flower headband and clips for babies, toddlers, and adults. The headbands and clips look amazing in photographs, as well as everyday wear. The headbands and clips are created using either silk flowers, or handmade satin flowers. 



Which part of creation process that you like to do the most? 
My favorite part of the creation process is shopping for supplies. I love seeing all the different flowers and imagining the possibilities.



Could you share on how your organize your products, we all can use a little tips here and there in this department? 
I have found that ziploc bags have kept me from losing my mind. They come in all sizes, they are cheap, and they can be used over and over. The bags help keep the different flowers from becoming creased and getting squished. 



What is your best seller?
My best seller would be a white flower headband. It looks so sweet in a newborn photo shoot, and it's simple enough to wear anytime without looking like a garden just sprouted out of your head.



How do you balance your personal and work life?
Because my husband is a huge sports fan, my home and etsy work life actually coexist quite well together. There seems to be some important playoff game nearly every night, so I move my workspace to the living room where I can work and still be with my husband. 


What is your favourite tool that you cannot live without? My favorite tool is by far, my hot glue gun. While we seem to have a love / hate relationship, (I don't like the burns), there is no way I could function without it.

1 comment:

  1. My only suggestion would be to get some stock photos of your product on babies to get an idea of the scale and I really think it will sell some moms & grandmas but I also love the b&w damask.

    ReplyDelete