Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

DH and I do not celebrate Valentine's Day. As far as I could recall, we probably celebrated Valentine's Day during first few years of dating, back when we were in a college. 18 years later, with a 7 years old son in our midst, our love is now solid as a rock. Sure, just like any real relationships, not everything is sweet. We went through bumps of life and that what makes it real. We were tested many times but we hold on to each other and surrender our relationship to God.

My little man was excited about Valentine's Day (and any other special days!). He made me this. Not just any card. It's a work of art. He says I could play like I am in the 100-acre wood.


He asked for a pink cardstock (since he knows my favorite color is pink), and if he could borrow my scissor and off he went creating this. Draw, write, cut, fold, and glue. Full of creativity! 


And the word "love you too" all over it.



And it's made with love! Who taught him that? He probably sees a lot of what I do in my crafty world :-)



Ethan didn't forget about his dad. He made one for DH with his childhood favorite character. Can you guess what it is?



And as I said, "I love you" to DH, he replied, "The feeling is mutual".  You gotta love that! Ha!

7 comments:

  1. Your boy is wise beyond his years. Sweetness and brilliance. He will make a great husband one day. ;) Thanks for sharing, Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! And I sure hope that he will get a great wife one day :-)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful Valentine's card from your little sweetie! He sure put a lot of time, creativity and effort into making it! Lucky you, Nat! BTW, DH and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, either - haven't for years (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! I sure am one lucky mama ;-)

      Delete
  3. Oh, how sweet! You will treasure these Valentine's Day cards as loving memories. Someday you can show them to your son's future wife and they will melt her heart just like they did his momma's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they certainly will melt her heart :-)

      Delete
  4. This is so sweet. Definitely a keepsake for you. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete