In the past years, I donated to non-profit organizations that rescued animals. This year, my focus is to help vulnerable and disadvantaged women and girls.
I've created these Valentine's Tags with giving a hope in mind. These sweet Valentine's day favor tags have a pretty butterfly and hearts. Gotta love the chevron pattern too! I find pink and gray colors work well together.
50% of the sale price will be donated to Because I am a Girl campaign .
Because I am a Girl is Plan’s global initiative to end gender inequality, promote girls’ rights and lift millions of girls – and everyone around them – out of poverty.
It is a fact that girls are disadvantaged because they are young and female. They are more likely to live in poverty, be denied access to education and more likely to be malnourished. Studies show that investing in girls will benefit the whole world.
Did you know?
- 70% of the one billion people living in extreme poverty are women and girls.
- Girls are 3x more likely to be malnourished than boys.
- Globally, 65 million* girls do not attend primary or secondary school.
There is an urgent need to stand up for the rights of millions of girls. In the poorest regions of the world, girls face double discrimination and unique barriers to survival and development, simply because they are young and female.
But when girls attain their basic human rights, they will:
- Be 6x less likely to be married as children
- Have 2.2 fewer yet healthier children
- Increase their contributions to household income by 18%
Get ready for Valentine's day! Spread the love! Give the gift of hope, support a charity and make the world a better place to live. Every dollar counts.