Do you remember Toni of Little House of Crafting? She was one of our awesome Saturday Artisans. Learn more about her here.
Today, Toni shares with us on how to make Pinback Button.
The button materials here are those necessary to make 1.25 inch buttons. Luckily, the process used to make pinback buttons does not change across sizes. This means you can use this process for creating 1 inch buttons as well as the 3 inch buttons!
There are various kinds of button presses and button cutters. Those used here are from www.buttonbiz.com/.
The button design used in this tutorial is her own creation. Please do not use it without permission.
Now, let's make some buttons!
1. Use button cutter to cut button designs. See example below:
2. Prep the button maker as shown below:
3. Put the shell in the left side of the button maker:
4. Put the design on top of the shell:
5. Add the mylar on top of the shell and the design. Add the pinback into the right side of the press. Make sure that the pinback is facing the opposite direction of the graphic. Here, the graphic has the top of the design pointing left. This means that you want to have the top of the pinback pointing right:
6. Move the design up and push the button maker handle down to punch the design.
7. The shell, design and mylar are held in the press, awaiting the pinback:
8. Move the pinback button design up to where the design was and push the button press handle down to punch the design and the pinback together:
9. And now you have a button!
10. Repeat until the process until you have made the desired amount of buttons:
Enjoy your new found artisan craft! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact Toni. If you would rather have someone to make pinback buttons for you, ask Toni please! Buttons can be found at Little House of Crafting. I'm sure she will be happy to make some custom buttons for you.
Thank you for dropping by! Leave us a comment and it'll make our day! Happy crafting!