Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Artisan: CK Silver


Happy Saturday morning, everyone!
A great sunny day here at the westcoast makes it a great Saturday to enjoy with the family.

Let me introduce you to Cindy of CK Silver, our Saturday Artisan. Beautiful collection of jewelries can be found at her Etsy shop and the pearl earrings above are my favorite.

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?
My name is Cindy, and I love to make jewelry. I utilize sterling silver, freshwater pearls, semi-precious gemstones, and swarovski crystal, and am fascinated with finding new ways of creating interesting designs. I believe jewelry should be stylish, high quality, and affordable. I love to do custom designs, and have all birthstones available either in the stone itself or in swarovski crystal.


Which part of creation process that you like to do the most?
I love the entire process. It is so much fun finding the right mix of beads and colors, it is fun to find new inspirations and create new amazing things, and it is fun to market the jewelry and get the word out to more people that absolutely love it! I love getting inspired about each step of the process.


What is your favourite item in your shop?
My current favorite right now is this beautiful turquoise set. The earrings, bracelet, and necklace are so fun together or separate, and turquoise is incredibly popular right now. I find that my turquoise items usually sell out fairly quickly, and these are such a nice mix of color and style.


What inspires you?
I am inspired by looking at nature and the beautiful colors and styles we see in creation all around us. It is amazing the colors you find together in flowers, the forest, babbling brooks, a cherry orchard, or an ocean sunset. I try to capture these emotions in many of my pieces.



What is your goal for 2010? And are you on the right track?
My goal for 2010 is to grow my business by at least 50% over last year. I am actually on track to be well over that, as people are learning about my jewelry and wanting to purchase and show off their own pieces, word is starting to get around quickly. I can't wait until it's time to begin setting goals for next year!


Any advice for others running their on-line shop?
I would say to figure out how you can differentiate yourself, and then be creative in promoting your work. It takes a lot of time and patience, but find different kinds of ways to promote your work online and offline, as well as locally, nationally, and internationally. Get to know other sellers, and see how you can partner together.

Other places you can find CK Silver:

Stayed-tuned for tomorrow's giveaway!


In the meantime, you can enter this week's giveaway here to win a beautiful handstamped necklace.

10 comments:

  1. She's so talented! You can really tell she gets her inspiration from nature ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with CK Silver's use of the clear crystals and feminine designs (ex. Spring Rain & Pink Wildflower Blossom earrings). I would love to see more of those in necklaces ;3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested in learning a little more about what she does when partnering with other sellers to promote her shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments, and for such a great feature!

    Sarah, you're very kind! I do love nature.
    Droosilla, I'll work on doing more of those in necklaces. I already have some ideas, so stay tuned!
    NGS, I'd love to talk with you more about what you have in mind for promoting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great feature on CK Silver! I looove the earrings I have from her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to see more shades of green - dark, medium etc.
    I really like the wood tones too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it so lovely to hear how flowers, forests, sunsets and so on inspire you. I think it's wonderful when nature inspires these creations. :)

    As for what I'd like to see more... I'd be inclined to say "the shinier, the better!", but that's really just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very talented artist! I would love to see more necklaces from you since they are my favorites. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pieces. I would like to see more silver and turquoise. Her sunshine on the lake pieces are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so creative! Her items are so lovely.
    Silver MLM

    ReplyDelete