Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Artisan: Dancing Rain Designs

Meet Lisa of Dancing Rain Designs, our Saturday Artisan!

A new artist in Etsy but no so new in the arts world! You can tell by her beautiful jewelries and arts, created and designed creatively.

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?
I have been a dental hygienist for 25 years. I have two teenagers trying to relieve me of my sanity. Naw they're really pretty good kids. I have been married to an amazingly supportive man for over 20 years. Currently, I make jewelry and mixed media art. A lot of my jewelry has metal elements that I have manipulated in some way.


Which part of creation process that you like to do the most?

I try to read a lot about technique, by way of books, magazines, and internet articles. I designs in my head, I never sketch or draw anything out.

What is your favourite item in your shop?
It's hard to pick, probably anything metal!

What is your best seller?
I'm still so new I really don't have one.

How does your day go in general?
Right now I'm on medical leave so alot of my time gets spent on tweaking my shop or making new designs.


Do you have a favourite Etsy seller?
MaryAnn, of LindenAvenueDesigns, has been fantastic.

What inspires you?
My family,nature,interesting pictures, almost anything.

What is your goal for 2010? And are you on the right track?
My goal was to set up my etsy shop, and make it successful. Still working on that!

What is your favourite tool that you cannot live without?
Chain nose pliers

How do you promote your shop?
I promote on facebook and have been on some blogs.

Any advice for others running their on-line shop?
Read all you can, especially about SEO's

Anything else you would like to share?
Take a chance! You'll never know if it could have been unless you try.

Stay-tuned for tomorrow's giveaway! But if you haven't entered this week's giveaway (ends tonight), then you should! Win one original size changing pad by HIPpadBaby.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to see more prints (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have so far! Good luck on growing your business this year! I love your metal pieces too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see more charm bracelets!

    ReplyDelete