Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday Artisan: BackwoodDesignStudio

Meet Shannon, the artist and photographer behind Backwood Design Studio.

You can find beautiful digital photographics and digital arts at her shop. Oh how I wish I can have her talents, great in taking pictures and drawing.


Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?
I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom to my 8 month old daughter. I have always been interested in all things artsy since I was young. I've always loved drawing, creating and imagining. I never can seem to get enough of being creative. I will try and do pretty much anything when it comes to art. In my shop, I create digital photography and digital artwork.


Which part of creation process that you like to do the most?
I love actually going out and taking photos. I always have a certain angle and look in my head and I try very hard to recreate it and make it a reality. I also very much enjoy digitally tweaking my photographs on my computer. I spend a decent amount of time to get the coloring and look & feel just right.

What inspires you?
Typically every day life inspires me. Whenever I go places, I am constantly thinking to myself "that would make a great picture". Usually, I drive down the road, looking at the landscape and envision so many wonderful photographs in my mind. For this reason, I really try to take my camera with me whenever I go somewhere. You never know when that perfect shot may present itself.


What is your goal for 2010? And are you on the right track?
My goal for 2010 is to get more exposure for my photography and digital art. I'm hoping to gain more of a fan base by the end of the year. Art and photography in general is so hard to break into because there are so many talented artists out there. I'm just hoping to find my own niche and hope that others enjoy my work too.


What is your favourite tool that you cannot live without?
I absolutely love my Mac and I could not live without it. I have been able to do so many wonderful things with my photography and artwork with this computer. It's always fast and reliable and I know that I can produce some great art with it.

Stay-tuned for tomorrow's giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. She's definitely talented, this was a very good interview. I love pics of anything with flowers it just brightens my day.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I've also stopped by to tell ya I've moved my blog to a new addy and re-following you hope you will refollow too:
    http://slipstitchesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see more of her great illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love to hear about the person BEHIND the shop and I think it's lovely that Shannon thinks about photography everywhere she goes. A craft is supposed to be all-consuming. :) I would love to see more nature shots though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt that inspirations are everywhere, and you can get it pretty much everywhere you go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that she loves MAC's. They are excellent artist computers! I'd love to see more illustrations! They are absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as your goal for 2010 goes, I can tell you that I loved some photos seen on your etsy shop. The colors chosen and the way some movements/moments were captured are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete