Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Artisan: SkribblyKids


Meet this week Saturday Artisan: Joanna of SkribblyKids.

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?
I am a Motion Designer by day, character creator by night. These two tend to work hand in hand sometimes, which always makes things fun! My demo reel is available to look at on my personal site here.

A fun little video I just finished up for a company I'm freelancing for can be seen here.

I had a ton of fun making this retro modern piece! The works I do in the daytime tend to be similar to what I do at night, and vice versa. Right now i'm working on a retro set of greeting cards.


Which part of creation process that you like to do the most?
I love doodling. I doodle all the time, all day long. It's kind of a way of keeping my brain active!

What is your best seller?
My best sellers are my Let's all go to the Lobby characters. I think people really enjoy a little blast from their past.


How do you balance your personal and work life?
Thats a bit of a tough one, but I really do believe in working hard and playing hard :) Sometimes you just have to put the work down and go have some fun!

What inspires you?
I love looking at 50s-60s style drawings. Something is so basic, yet so fresh about this era.

Holiday season is fast approaching. Give us a scoop on your prep. What are you exciting to offer for 2010 holiday season?

Here's a sneak peak at new designs:


Important Links (facebook + website + blog + personal site)


Any tutorial that you’d like to share?

Here's a smooth drawing tutorial I made a while back.

2 comments:

  1. Love her creation! I learnt that you don't have to draw something complicated, sometimes the basic is much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support all doodlers! :D I completely understand what she means when she says it "keeps your brain active", and it's a wonderful way to put it. It also keeps the creative side of you alive, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete