Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Artisan: GreenJazzFace

Meet Kelly, our Saturday Artisan! Her wonderful shop, GreenJazzFace, is full of whimsical banners for any occasion. I banners and garlands. They are a must for a party, a great photo prop and a pretty decor to hang around the house. 


Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?

I'm Kelly and I'm from Texas! I have three wild dogs and a husband, all boys....enough said. I think my twitter tag line sums me up: very left handed, extremely right brained, and addicted to crafting! I make handmade banners for any occasion, including baby and bridal shower, wedding/engagement, birthday and holiday parties, and as photo props for any of these! 



What is the story behind your shop name? 
My shop name came from me being random! There's no real meaning to it, it's not great because it doesn't help anyone to know specifically what I sell, and at first I was embarrassed to tell anyone. But, I stuck with it. I hope it sticks with my FANS, and now I love it.



Who is your target market?
I guess I never knew who I would be selling to when I first opened up shop, but I've found that photographers are attracted to my line of work! I also appeal to women getting married and mamas having babies!



Which part of creation process that you like to do the most? 
My VERY most favorite part of the creation process is walking through craft stores and coming up with new ideas on the spot, then rushing home to try my idea out!


 
What is your best seller? 
My best seller depends on which holiday is coming up! My square shaped chipboard banners sell the best! 



How does your day go in general? 
My days are quite chaotic. I have a full time job as a speech language pathologist (SLP) in a pediatric home health setting. I do a lot of driving in between my patients but before I pull out of their driveways, I check my email and respond to any questions from potential buyers. I want my customers to be extremely satisfied with their product, so every moment I'm not being an SLP, I'm working as a crafter!


What is your favourite tool that you cannot live without?
I cannot live without my Cricut...or my scissors... or my paper cutter....


How do you promote your shop?
I spend a lot of time as a team leader on an Etsy team. I also try and gain fans on my Facebook page by doing giveaways every once in a while. I try to get to know people through social networking as much as I can. 



Any advice for others running their on-line shop?
My number one advice would be to evaluate your shop as if you were a buyer instead of the seller! How do your pictures look? Pictures are so important because they are the closest visual someone will have to actually seeing your product!And also, network!

 
Saving money is important; tell us one thing that you do to save money?
It's definitely important. I need lots of help with this!

 
Stay-tuned for tomorrow's giveaway!

1 comment: