Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday Artisan: Bugaboo Bear Designs




Meet Amanda of  Bugaboo Bear Designs, our Saturday Artisan! 


I adore all Amanda's creations. who wouldn't? Her handwriting is simply beautiful and you truly get one-of-a-kind piece of art. Her chalkboard signs are amazing! She also recently makes cute hoop arts adorned with washi tapes and her beautiful letters. So pretty!

Let's get to know her a bit more, shall we?

 

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?

I'm a wife and Mom of two living in beautiful sunny Florida. I create custom art and decor for the whole home and special occasions. All hand drawn, hand painted and hand made. Nothing digital, copied or printed.

 

What is the story behind your shop name?  

My shop is named after my son. His nickname is Bugaboo Bear.

 


Who is your target market?

Women and Moms.

 

Which part of creation process that you enjoy the most?

I enjoy the sketching and writing done ideas part the most. My sketchbook goes with me everywhere. Sketching is a great creative outlet for me.


 

For us who love to travel, could you share a bit about your beautiful town/ city?

I live just outside of Tampa Florida. The Tampa Bay Area is beautiful with it's beaches, palm trees and amazing sunshine.
 

Could you share on how your organize your products, we all can use a little tips here and there in this department?

Each supply I use has it's own place. I store all my paper in scrapbooking boxes. My paint is stored in color order in an organizational caddy. I have a shelf in my garage where I store wood pieces. All my canvases are in a storage cabinet. My desk stores extra paper, sketchbooks, and my ink and pencils.
 

What is your best seller?

My various Chalkboard Designs.



How does your day go in general?

Being a Mom of two young ones, 5 and 2, they come first. I enjoy some activities with my kids in the morning as well as catch up on some business stuff online and go to the Post Office. During nap time and evenings once the kids are in bed is when I get my work done. And somewhere in there I find time to do laundry, clean and cook. Finding a balance between kids, my shop and household chores can be tough. 

How do you balance your personal and work life?

I'm thankful for an amazing husband who helps out with the kids if I need some extra time to work on orders. Some days it is overwhelming balancing everything. A break helps. Taking a day off really helps.
 

What inspires you?

Definitely my kids. I love modern inspirational design.


What is the key to success?

Hard work and dedication
 

Any advice for others running their on-line shop?

Time. Everything takes time. You cannot expect to have steady business at the beginning. Learn how to take fantastic photos of your products. And network. Get to know other small business owners and make connections.
 

What does handmade mean to you?

To me, handmade means love and passion. When something is made from someone's hands it means that they are passionate about what they do. They do what they love. Time and effort have been put into that product.
 

What is your favorite quote, song, or movie?

After all this time? ~Always (Harry Potter)



 

Would you like to be featured as a Saturday Artisan and sponsor a giveaway?

Here is how to apply.

25 comments:

  1. Charming interview! Such a sweet personality and talent galore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to chuckle at the "whip it . . . " sign (: Another fascinating artist feature. Thank you for sharing Amanda with us, Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interview of a very talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for introducing us to Amanda of Bugaboo Bear Designs. Wishing her great success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything Amanda makes :) Very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to meet another Floridian! Cute designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview! I really enjoy looking at all the great and creative things that Amanda came up with. Thank you for sharing. (saying hi from the Space Coast)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Bugaboo Bear Designs - her work is so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh such a sweet interview & gal! I LOVE your designs & awesome talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet girl! I love the interview and her work is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you find the time to make all of your designs?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you work, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What inspires your designs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the variation in your designs - there's something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the chalk art. So many cute things on the fb page. I think I'll have to use your items for baby showers and birthday presents (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love some of your pieces in my country house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your work how long have you been creating things? what made you start?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the variation of the designs but I am in love with the Harry Potter designs! My son loves Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Etsy shop for Bugaboo Bear--such cute stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Growing up, did your family make crafts?

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Love the designs! Everything is so cute & creative!

    andysavi.mom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your stuff. My favorite is the "There's no place like home" piece. Do you take special orders?

    ReplyDelete