Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Artisan: Emariecreations

Happy Saturday! Meet this week our Saturday Artisan, Samantha, the artist behind a cute shop full fun food-themed jewelries, charms, pushpins and many more called Emariecreations. The colors are vibrant and they are sweet and adorable!! You know how much I love adorable goodies :-) 


Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make? 
I am in my late teens and love to create things out of polymer clay. I have been interested in this craft since an early age, but didn't really become serious about it until 3 or 4 years ago. My Etsy shop first started out with a few polymer clay tea sets, donuts and some headbands my older sister had made. Both my sister and I ran the shop until this past year, when I become the sole owner of the shop. I am very crafty, and love to come up with new designs for my clay. I absolutely love the colors that polymer clay comes in- it really opens up your imagination! 


Which part of creation process that you like to do the most? 
My favorite part would be the creating iteself. I love coming up with new ideas, and am thrilled when they come out of the oven looking just how I want them.


Could you share on how your organize your products, we all can use a little tips here and there in this department? 
I buy little plastic dividers, similiar to what a jewelry maker might store their supplies. That is where I store my small supplies, like pushpins, magnets, earrings wires, etc. and a small items, like charms. I also buy tall containers ( about 8-12" high) that have pull out drawers where I store jewelry bags, ribbon and gift wrap supplies, and other larger supplies. This keep everything so nice and neat, which I love. I hate clutter. =) 



What is your best seller? 
Donut pushpins! I am shocked at how popular these have been. I never would have guessed that so many people would like them.


Do you have a favourite Etsy seller? Wow, that is a hard question! I think I have over 40 pages of favorites! Here are a few of my favorites: WildWomanJewelry, CupcakeSocial, and EpicallyEpicSoap 


What is your goal for 2011? 
And what is your plan to keep it on the right track? My goal is to make over 250 sales, and make sure to keep my shop better stocked. Just by keeping more items in my shop will help with the sales. I've found the 50 is my "magic" number- each time I get up to 50 items listed, I always seem to sell more! I also started gift wrapping my items- it doesn't cost a whole lot more, and just adds that special touch to my items. Stay-tuned for a new giveaway starting tomorrow. In the meantime, take a peek at Emariecreations and get ready to drool over if you haven't already :-) Don't forget to visit her blog here.

9 comments:

  1. Looks lovely- thanks so much for the feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see more lollipops in your shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always want to do things as a partnership with two people but then end up finding it works better with just myself too. Glad everything is working out for you. Love the way that all your items look, I follow your blog and love seeing what you come up with. I agree though, lollipops, you need more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed how young this girl is to have her own shop. Obviously she is very talented and will be very successful. She has goals and is organized. You go girl!!!

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is great; have you thought about offering matching office sets? Pushpins, magnets, and paperclips all together? I bet those would be a hit, too!

    urchiken at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great etsy shop! i would like to see more cookies and cakes such as colorful cupcakes or maybe bento box theme? that would be cute.


    http://tigerlilysbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with 'Wehaf's' post. Selling things as combos seem to be hits. Keep up the great work, and I hope you get your 250 sales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I 'hearted' with the username alionandalamb.

    alionandalamb at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete